Halfway Creek Lutheran Church

Home2009 SpeakersHistorical SitesEventsMembershipLinks

 

 

 

 
holmen_church.jpg (11151 bytes) A Rev. Stub organized the Halfway Creek Lutheran Church along with the Lewis Valley, La Crosse Valley and Bostwick Valley churches, all served by the Rev. Stub. Worship services were held in various homes and schools before the first church building was built in 1868. It was destroyed by fire in 1912, and the site is commemorated in the center of the Halfway Creek Cemetery. The present church was built in 1913 at its present site. The first parsonage was a log house located on 80 acres of land and purchased for $810. A new log cabin was completed in 1861 while Dr. Lars Larson served as pastor. This parsonage housed the beginnings of Luther College.